When I got home Friday Dale was reworking my raised strawberry beds. Too much of the dirt settled last summer. I had tried transplanting and planting new srawberries last year but the raised beds dried out and none of them made it.
When I purchased the blocks for the garden, I also picked up 10 new strawberry plants that boast large, sweet berries. I had transplanted all the strawberries Ann had given me two years ago and they had died. I figured as the season passed that I'd buy more.
Was I surprised when Dale and I took the garden tour and saw 30-50 strawberry plants! Many of the plants were blooming. So I took a risk today and transplanted 30 of them into the raised bed. I saw there is now a topsy-turvy for strawberries. Hmm. I might have to try one (just for S&G's). Oh, the risk because I've been taught not to transplant a plant in bloom.